- Yii needs a grid that you can edit inline - maybe jqgrid for version 2?
- The listData->groupField works nicely on dropDownLists, but it would be nice it it worked on checkBoxLists and radioButtonLists too (displaying the category name and indenting associated controls)
- No concurrency control. It would be nice in Gii if it could generate models that saved the original record values, as well as using them to check for concurrency when saving.
- Easier to use some of the new HTML 5 controls, like "search"
- Built-in basic search on lists (much like on grids)
- Easier tabular input
- When you do ajax on a grid (sort or page), it reloads the whole page, finds the grid content, and replaces itself. This is a little inefficient ;) . It would be better if Gii could split the grids out to separate partial views.
- Yii seems to get confused sometimes when you have nested JQuery UI controls
- It would be better if the built-in Blueprint theme was mobile-friendly out of the box, and by that I mean side by side columns that collapse on top of each other on small width screens, perhaps switch to the 1140 grid system.
- use superfish on multi-level menus out' the box
- ZeroClipboard, jQuery WYSIWYG editor, and fullcalendar support out' the box.
- phpMailer, a flash/html5/silverlight multi-uploader, vcard, pdf, ics support out' the box
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Yii » Missing Features
This will be an ongoing list. Check back in the future.